Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Last year was a fun and exciting Fourth of July. Probably not anyone's ideal plan but one of the best times I have ever had on the 4th EVER! It was just me and the kids, no hubby, no other family, no sparklers or fireworks in the yard. But yet one of the best times.

Thressa and I decided to walk 6 kids to the Club for free food and festivities. The whole time we were thinking to take the car or not take the car. Well we walked, it was damp out but not really raining. So we made it there, hairstyle in tact (as long as no one touched it). We played games ate lots of food, misplaced a child or two throughout the day, and of course as the day went on the weather was looking worse and worse. 

Thressa and I had already discussed enjoy a glass of wine after the fireworks show, so as soon as the show was postponed due to weather, Sarah arrived.

Sarah arrived with all the makings for Cosmos. Now seeing as how we were all lightweights at this point we had really only planned to have a couple. I think we started at about 6 or 7pm. Then the giggling continued. Once all the kids were settled either sleeping or watching a movie the giggling got worse, and louder. I am sure Sonya can still here it through the walls (even from her new house on the north side). 

We talked laughed, joked, and goofed off until the wee hours of the morning. Then Thressa started getting creative once all the Cosmo ingredients were gone. Who knew that cancelled plans could turn out to be so much fun. 

I remember a camera and taking lots of pictures, and I am thankful for dear friends who have kept these memories best in our minds, instead of on the internet.

I am grateful for the times that we spent, just being us and hanging out. I miss you ladies! This was the second to last weekend that I was "me." Thank you for sharing it with me.

Hope everyone makes some great memories this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment